Nisha Mehta

I graduated with B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry degree from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi in 2015. I then pursued M.Sc. (Chemistry) from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.

I am currently a PhD student in the Goerigk Research Group on Theoretical and Computational Quantum Chemistry, School of Chemistry, The University of Melbourne. My research is supervised by Dr Lars Goerigk.

The aim of my PhD thesis is to assess the applicability of Density Functional Theory (DFT) methods. DFT has become the most important electronic-structure calculation tool both in the computational/theoretical chemistry as well as in the experimental community, where the latter use it to validate their findings and predict experimentally challenging and unexplored questions. Many high-impact studies rely on DFT based insights, but the field is more complex than it seems. My research focuses on the benchmarking of double-hybrid density functional approximation, make them fast and apply them to various chemical problems.