Snigdha Sarita Mohapatra

A spatial and temporal scale multi objective optimization for urban water system incorporating future uncertainties

Research summary:

During my PhD, I will work on the modeling of integrated urban water systems. In particular, the idea is to identify optimum scale for water supply system under spatial and temporal variability that would respond to uncertain future events, satisfying the multiple objectives (maximizing water savings, minimizing cost, minimizing GHG emission) considered in the planning period and its application on a green field (lacks constraints prior to work) as well as brownfield (includes prior work constraints) developments. The aim of my project is the study of spatial and temporal scale multi objective optimization for urban water system incorporating future uncertainties.

Project Duration: 2018 – 2022

Supervisors: 

Student Profile:

I am enrolled as a Ph.D. candidate at the School of Water Resources, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India in July 2018. During my stay in India, I reviewed the literature so far in the field of water system modeling and learned the techniques and necessities that are to be used in the modeling, while in Melbourne I will be focusing on the implementation of these techniques and process on my research work. I fulfilled my Dual degree B. Tech and M. Tech in Civil Engineering (Specialization: Water Resources) at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha, India.

My main professional goal is to produce a sustainable water system model satisfying economic, environmental, technical as well as the social aspect. I enjoy teamwork, learning new techniques and facing challenges and I speak Odia, Hindi, and English. In my spare time, I like practicing painting and photography.

Social Media Accounts: Facebook | LinkedIn 

Contact Email: cinnism95@gmail.com