Padma Naveena

Research summary:

Anterior Cruciate Liagament (ACL) is one of the major ligaments at the knee and is highly susceptible to injury in sports. The number of ACL Reconstruction (ACLR) surgeries have increased in the last few years especially in younger population. My current research work focuses on evaluating the effects of ACLR in day to day activities.

Project Duration: 2016-2021

Supervisors:

• The University of Melbourne: Prof Marcus Pandy
  • Indian Institute of Technology Madras: Prof Sujatha Srinivasan/

Graduate Research Student Profile:

After my Bachelors in Mechanical engineering I worked with a startup for few months, where we developed models for experiential learning. I joined as a masters student in 2016 at Indian Institute Technology Madras and started my research work in R2D2 lab (Rehabilitation Research and Device Development) which focuses in developing assistive technology at affordable prices. With an opportunity to collaborate and work in an environment that is dedicated to bio-mechanics I converted my master in to a joint PhD program under MIPA. Now I work with a research team under the supervision of Prof Marcus Pandy which is dedicated in solved interesting bio-mechanics questions.

Contact email: naveenapadma@gmail.com

LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/padma-ganapam-66912164/